The MPNPT’s Second Festival
The second MPN Poker Tour festival will take place on the beautiful Mediterranean island of Malta, between the 11th and 14th September 2014.
Our venue for the event is the Portomaso Casino in St. Julians, which has a long history of running top-notch poker events, and which is conveniently located for access to local hotels, restaurants, and nightlife.
Packages are available now, costing €1,500. You can buy in directly through the poker client – look for the holding lobby in the ‘Satellites’ > ‘Live Events’ tab. You can purchase a package with cash or loyalty points.
You can also qualify in our online satellites, starting at as little as €0.40. See the satellite schedule.
The Finer Details
Each package is valued at €1,500. A package includes:
- Entry into the €550 Main Event
- Accommodation for four nights at The George Hotel
- Welcome drinks at The Rooftop at Hugo’s Terrace
- €320 cash towards travel and expenses
Providing Your Information
After winning a package, you’ll be contacted by the promotion administrators or your operator. You must provide the following information in order for your registration to be processed:
- Name of player
- Name of guest (if bringing one)
- Country of residence and Age, so we can make sure you’re eligible to play
- Mobile number, so we can contact you quickly
- Time and date of arrival, so we can prep the hotel
- Any special requests (no guarantees all can be accommodated, but we will do our best)
If you have bought into the tournament directly through the poker client, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to provide your details after registering.
Please Note: If you are a resident of Malta, you must be at least 25 years old to play in the event. If you are not a resident of Malta, you must be at least 18 years old to play.
The Casino’s Rules
The casino has house rules for poker which you should abide by. Read the House Rules
The casino also has a Smart Casual dress code. Swimwear is not allowed in the casino, and after 8pm shorts and sleeveless shirts are not allowed.
You will require government-issued ID, so please don’t forget to bring your passport, driving licence, or ID card.
Accommodation will be provided at The George Hotel. You will check in on 11th September, and check out on the 15th September. If you require any additional hotel nights please speak with your poker room or MPNPT co-ordinator, and we may be able to arrange something.
The hotel accommodation includes breakfast and free wi-fi is available. You are responsible for any additional charges to the room. You may be asked to present a credit card on arrival to cover any room charges – this won’t be debited unless you do charge something to your room.
The easiest way to get to Malta is to fly to Malta International Airport (MLA, formerly known as Luqa Airport). There are direct flights from many European airports.
We recommend that you get a taxi from the airport to your hotel, which will cost around €20. We do not recommend hiring a car in Malta, as Maltese roads are terrifying.
Once at The George hotel, the casino is just a short walk away:
Welcome Drinks – 7:30pm on Thursday 11th September
You and a guest are invited to welcome drinks, which will be held at The Rooftop at Hugo’s Terrace, which is in the heart of Paceville, with a view of the beach, just six minutes’ walk from the hotel. Go upstairs to the rooftop where we have reserved a private area with seating for everybody.
Starting from 7:30pm, you’ll have a chance to meet the other players and discuss poker, as well as meet with representatives from the MPN and our development team.
Each player will be provided with 5 drinks vouchers to use as they wish. 1 voucher gets a soft drink, a bottle of beer, or a single measure of a spirit. More expensive drinks require more vouchers. We will also be putting on some complimentary canapés for your enjoyment.
As the night wears on, feel free to explore Paceville or head to the casino to play some cash games.
Note: Don’t confuse Hugo’s Terrace with Hugo’s Lounge, which is a different bar!
Cash games and Sit ‘n’ Gos will be running every night, from 7pm or earlier.
Thursday 11 September
19:30 Welcome drinks for package qualifiers at The Rooftop at Hugo’s Lounge
20:30 €50 + €5 Satellite to the MPNPT Main Event (One rebuy allowed)
Fri 12 September
12:00 €500 + €50 Main Event (Day 1)
Sat 13 September
14:00 €500 + €50 Main Event (Day 2)
19:00 €75 + €25 + €10 No Limit Omaha Bounty
Sun 14 September
14:00 €500 + €50 Main Event (Final Day)
16:00 €135 + €15 Big Night Out (NL Hold’em Freezeout)
All times listed are Central European Time (CET). All prizes will be awarded in Euro.
MPN Poker Tour Terms and Conditions for Players
- This contract is with Prima Poker Limited, and any player that registers or takes part in the MPN Poker Tour, agrees to be bound by these MPN Poker Tour Terms and Conditions.
- The MPN Poker Tour (“MPNPT”) is a live event series in which players compete for a number of tournament packages (“MPNPT Package”) for live poker events organised by the MPN.
- The Terms and Conditions for play in Portomaso Casino, Malta are relevant for both the MPNPT online qualifiers and the live event held in that casino in Malta in September 2014. These Terms and Conditions can be found on the Portomaso Casino website (http://www.portomasocasino.com). Players are encouraged to familiarise themselves with these Terms and Conditions prior to joining any MPNPT online qualifiers or event tournaments.
- The House Rules for play in Portomaso Casino will govern players’ behaviour and conduct for the duration of the event in that casino. Players are encouraged to make themselves aware of these Rules.
- Portomaso Casino will conduct due diligence on all players taking part in the MPNPT Event on their premises, and they will furthermore handle all monetary transactions, including, but not limited to, collection of direct buy-ins for the Main Event and any side events, and payment of winnings from the relevant tournaments. The Terms and Conditions for the poker room through which players qualify online for the MPNPT will apply in full. We recommend players familiarise themselves with their poker room’s Terms and conditions.
- The promotional period for the MPNPT will commence from 0000 GMT on 7th January 2013 and continue until discontinued by the promotion administrators.
- Server time (GMT) will be used at all times for the purposes of this promotion.
- Any player who participates in a tournament associated with the MPNPT hereby accepts all terms of the MPNPT’s Terms and Conditions for such tournaments, as referenced herein or separately.
- An MPNPT Package may include, for each relevant event:
- One buy-in to the “MPNPT Main Event”, which is the primary tournament for each MPNPT event in the specified location;
- Occasionally, cash towards travel or general expenses;
- Occasionally, food and/or drinks vouchers;
- Occasionally, a welcome session with drinks or snacks.
- Players may win multiple MPNPT Packages, but may only play in each MPNPT Main Event once. Each MPNPT Package can only be used once.
- MPNPT Packages are non-transferrable and non-refundable.
- The value of any items contained within the Package, and the Package value as a whole, may change from time to time at the discretion of the promotion administrators.
MPNPT Satellites and Qualification
- In order to win MPNPT Packages or entry into an MPNPT Main Event, players may buy MPNPT Packages or entry, directly into the MPNPT Main Event, from a holding lobby in the poker software, or they may compete in Satellites. “Satellites” are tournaments that reward winners with tournament tickets that can be used to play in other tournaments. The last Satellite in a Satellite series, the “Final”, rewards players with an MPNPT Package or entry into an MPNPT Main Event.
- At any Satellite level, players can buy in using cash, loyalty points or eligible tournament tickets.
- Winners of the Finals will win MPNPT Packages (“Package Winners”) or entry into the MPNPT Main Event (“Event Players”). Package Winners and Event Players are, collectively, “MPNPT Qualifiers”. Package Winners and Event Players will be listed in holding lobbies (dummy tournament lobbies that will show the number of Event Players who have qualified for the MPNPT), which will be maintained in the poker software during the promotional period.
- MPNPT Satellite tournament tickets can be used for entry into other MPNPT Satellites up to 365 days after being issued. Unused MPNPTtickets cannot be converted into cash, loyalty points or other tournament tickets. For the avoidance of doubt, winners of Finals will receive MPNPT Packages, not tournament tickets.
- Winners of Finals who are rewarded with MPNPT Packages must attend the next MPNPT event. Players who have won or purchased multiple MPNPT Packages must attend the next event and subsequent events.
Once an MPNPT Package or Main Event Entry is Won or Purchased
- MPNPT Qualifiers must supply tournament registration details to the relevant promotion administrators before the specified date, as published on the MPNPT website for each event. The details required shall also be published from time to time on the MPNPT website for each relevant event. If any players fail to supply this information within the specified time period, they will not be registered in the MPNPT and refunds will not be issued.
- Contact information for the promotion administrators will be made available to all MPNPTQualifiers.
- Winners in the MPNPT Main Events and any side events will be given the offer of receiving their prizes as cash or online, into their online poker account. For players who qualified online, payments can only be made into the poker accounts held with the operator who they qualified with. A player who bought into the MPNPT directly at Portomaso Casino may also choose for some or all of their prize money to be put into an online poker account held with one of the participating poker rooms, provided that online poker account is held by the winning player, subject to all relevant Maltese laws, Portomaso Casino Terms and Conditions and the relevant poker room’s Terms and Conditions.
Accommodation, Travel and Spending Money
- Package Winners may receive accommodation near to the event. Package Winners will be responsible for all charges not included in an MPNPT Package. Package Winners may be expected to present a credit card on arrival at the hotel to cover any relevant charges. Event Players will not receive accommodation.
- The promotion administrators reserve the right to offer alternative hospitality options of the same or similar value, at their sole discretion. Any changes will be notified to the Package Winners in advance.
- No cash alternative will be available for unused hotel accommodation.
- It is the MPNPT Qualifier’s responsibility to organise travel to and from each event and to ensure that all travel documents (passport and visa, as required) are in order and to obtain any required travel and medical insurance. MPNPT Qualifiers are responsible for all charges and costs for their travel.
- If entitled to it, money for travel will be deposited into each Package Winner’s online poker accounts within 5 business days after that player’s registration into the MPNPT Main Event is confirmed. The funds will be in the currency of the Package Winner’s poker account, and where this is not EUR, the exchange rate used will be such EUR exchange rate listed on www.oanda.com at the date of transfer of the funds. Event Players will not receive money for travel.
Branding, Marketing and Merchandise
- All players participating in the MPNPT must give details of their table and seat numbers for all MPNPT events they are playing or have played to any promotion administrators who request them.
- All players participating in the MPNPT agree to wear MPNPT participating operator-branded merchandise for the duration of the MPNPT tournaments. The apparel is to be worn in a manner requested by the relevant MPNPT promotion administrators. No player may wear, at any time, any apparel which has competitor branding or third party sponsor branding for the duration of the relevant MPNPT event. Competitor branding or third party sponsor branding is any branding that advertises or displays the logo, trademark or name of any person that provides services or products that are the same or similar to those provided by the MPNPT promotion administrators/MPNPT participating operators. Players wearing competitor or third party sponsor branding may be asked to remove it prior to the start of a tournaments; failure to comply may result in disqualification from the current or future events with no refunds.
- MPNPT Qualifiers agree that their real names, aliases, locations, images or other applicable personal data can be used for promotional purposes. MPNPT Qualifiers further agree to be interviewed regarding their progress and results during or after a tournament and to make themselves available for promotional purposes, such as, but not limited to, media interviews, as requested by the relevant promotion administrators.
- MPNPT Qualifiers must at all times conduct themselves in a manner respectful to the event and to the game of poker. Players in the MPNPTare brand ambassadors in a prestigious, internationally-recognised sporting contest. Should any player act in a manner so as to bring the MPNPT or associated operators into disrepute, in the reasonable opinion of Prima Poker, the player may be excluded from the current or future events at the sole discretion of Prima Poker. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if a player commits any act of fraud, collusion, unethical or disruptive behaviour whilst playing online poker on the MPN or elsewhere, or breaches any provision of these Terms and Conditions, the promotion organisers and Prima Poker reserve, in their sole discretion, the right to refuse/exclude participation by such player in any current or future MPNPT events, or other events.
- Players must be at least 18 years old to take part in MPNPT, or at least as old as required in the jurisdiction of the event’s location. Maltese residents who wish to take part in the Malta event must be at least 25 years old.
- MPNPT Qualifiers must bring government-issued photographic identification, such as their passport, to the event.
- The promotion administrators reserve the right to change the rules and/or structure of the MPNPT Finals, Satellites and Main Event at their discretion.
- The promotion administrators reserve the right to buy back MPNPT Packages from any winner(s) at a price equivalent or similar to the value of that Package at their discretion.
- Awarding of any and all prizes is at the sole discretion of the promotion administrators, and any decisions taken in this regard are final.
- The promotion administrators and Prima Poker shall in no way be liable for any injuries, losses, damages or expenses suffered or incurred by any winner of a Package or event entry as a direct or indirect result of accepting the Package and participating in the MPNPT.
- All other network rules, House Rules, TDA Tournament Rules and operator rules apply to this promotion.
- Players acknowledge that any complaints shall be dealt with pursuant to the complaints terms and conditions and procedures of their respective operators, and of Portomaso Casino as applicable to them.
- The validity, construction and effect of these Terms and Conditions and each and every provision hereof shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England.
- Any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions, whether in contract or tort and including any question regarding its existence, validity or termination, shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration under the rules (the “Rules”) of the London Court of International Arbitration (“LCIA”), which Rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference into this clause. The arbitration proceedings shall be conducted in London, United Kingdom, in the English language before a single arbitrator. If the Parties fail to agreeably nominate the arbitrator within 14 days of either party’s first written demand to that effect, the arbitrator shall be appointed by the LCIA. If any arbitral nomination of a Party fails or is not approved by the LCIA, the LCIA shall appoint a replacement arbitrator. The arbitrator may be of any nationality.
Image Credits: Manlio Ranieri (Flickr), Casino Portomaso